What will you learn?
- Learn sewing machine basics
- How to calculate fabric requirements, based on your own measurements
- Pin/Clip Fabric and clear vinyl to get it ready to sew
- Sew a straight line as well as pivoting
- How to create your own bias tape and bind mat as you would a quilt
- How to "sandwich" your mat in preparation of quilting
- How to "straight line" quilt; with or without a walking foot
Instructor - Maureen
Skill level — Beginner friendly; know your machine and sew a straight line
When — Wednesday October 19th, 6 pm - 9 pm
Where - 3290 Shea Rd Richmond, Ontario
Supplies (students save 10% on fabric purchase)
About instructor - Maureen is a retired programmer / project manager from the federal government with a grown twin daughter and son. Taught by many great teachers; including her mother, grandmother and some specific formal training over the years; sewing and needle crafts have always been part of her life as long as she can remember. From making things for herself, her children, sister's wedding dress, pyjamas, coats, costumes, day to day clothing, curtains and some home decor, etc. Later in 2011, she took up and quickly became addicted to quilting. She loves to empower others by sharing the love of sewing, techniques and bringing out strengths in others.
Instructor will be in contact closer to date.
***We ask that you bring your own machine and make sure it is in working order. Please note if you do not have a machine that is ok but please make note when checking out so we can reserve one for you.***