Operation Christmas Spirit
Fabric Crush is partnering with Operation Christmas Spirit for the holidays! Operation Christmas Spirit is a non profit organization that blesses struggling families with gifts and a full turkey dinner for Christmas. We are going to adopt a family from OCS and provide gifts and dinner to a family who has had an especially hard year this year. Who would like to join us??
Join this facebook group for all details
Here is the gist:
- Each family member should have at least 2-3 gifts per person (we will get a wish list of items)
- The gifts should either be new or in like new condition. (Would you gift it to someone you know?)
- Gifts should be age appropriate.
- Gifts must be dropped off UNWRAPPED to a designated drop off location prior to December 8th (there are no exceptions to needing them to be unwrapped, it’s nothing personal but OCS has had issues in the past).
- Gifts should be labelled with a sticky note indicating which member of the family each gift is for.
- If buying gift cards please do NOT write anything in the "from" section.
- Please stay away from creepy or scary kind of gifts.
The following list is what typically goes into a full dinner:
- Turkey or Ham
- 2 boxes of stuffing
- Large can of corn (or 2 small ones)
- Can of Cranberry Sauce
- 2 Packets of Turkey Gravy
- 1 small bag of potatoes
- 1 brick of butter (no margarine please)
- A dozen cookies (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 pie (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 Roasting Pan